How To Create App Passwords For Connecting Google Workspace with ProspectFlow.io
An app password is a 16-digit passcode that gives a less secure app or device permission to access your Google Account. App passwords can only be used with accounts that have 2-Step Verification turned on.
Create & use app passwords
If you use 2-Step Verification and get a "password incorrect" error or "Invalid Second Factor" error when you sign in, you can try to use an app password.
- Go to your Google Account.
- Select Security
- Under "Signing in to Google," select 2-Step Verification.
- At the bottom of the page, select App Passwords.
- Enter a name that helps you remember where you’ll use the app password.
- Select Generate.
- To enter the app password, follow the instructions on your screen. The app password is the 16-character code that generates on your device.
- Select Done.
If you’ve set up 2-Step Verification but can’t find the option to add an app password, it might be because:
- Your Google Account has 2-Step Verification set up only for security keys.
- You’re logged into work, school, or another organization account.
- Your Google Account has Advanced Protection.
Setting Up Your Email Service Using The App Password
Login to your ProspectFlow account.
- Click "Settings" in the bottom left corner
- Click "Email Services" in the left-hand menu
- Click "Add Service" in the top right corner
- Select "Gmail" from the dropdown menu
- Enter your Google account credentials using the app password you just created as your password
- Click "Save"
Please sign in to leave a comment.